I have wanted to do this peg doll saint exchange thing for a while. So I simply organized it this spring. It was so appropriate too because I went on a glut of learning about various saints over Lent. It was very inspiring.
- I will say that the saints turned out better if you do some planning.
- Look up Icons of the saints. I say specifically Icons because Icons have a lot more symbology that can be used to express the saint you are depicting.
- Draw a little picture of the peg doll to plan out the look and symbols.
- Then draw it onto the doll.
- I started with skin and faces. It's just my thing. It feels friendly if there is a face. It's an Icon thing to begin with the eyes--the windows to the soul.
- Then I blocked in the garment and symbol colors one by one.
- Then I added details.