1. We have lived in our house two and half years and I think we have done very well with our garden. Here is my beautiful spring garden with herbs and flowers and the sweetest smelling climbing Jasmine in the back. I am also hoping to grow bell pepper this year. We'll see. Peppers tend to be a late summer and fall crop around here.
2. Garden Helper - I caught Lucy standing on her own, but I did not get the camera quick enough. This is the picture after the moment.
3. Lucy has been our latest walker. I blame her tiny feet. Her feet are so small they aren't enough to balance her body. Kristiana and Annie walked at ten and half months and Alex walked at nine months. Despite not being able to walk yet, she knows how to climb up the slide by herself.
4. "Mommy, I am going to make you an anniversary present." This week we celebrated eight years since our marriage crowning. The kids were happy to celebrate with us. Alex made us a Lego heart. I told him I would take a picture so that he could keep his Legos. He was adamant that we should keep the heart. That day my husband started to feel ill. He has been sick with the flu ever since. Boo.
5. Oh, Annie! "How do you solve a problem like Annie?" (The Sound of Music) She's just full of two year old. Sometimes we think she has gone totally mad. But, there is always a simple explanation behind it--not enough to eat, not enough sleep, not enough words to express her needs, curiosity, her demands are not sensible (no, you can't eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner).
6. This is exactly what I tell my kids not to do. The kids were watching me too. I totally poked myself in the eye while taking this picture. Now mommy has bangs. I have not had a haircut since Lucy was born a year ago. My hair was no behaving anymore. At some point here I really should see a professional.
7. And one year after Lucy was born, I am 48 pounds lighter. Finally I look on the outside what I have always felt like I was on the inside--just a normal girl--not a big girl not a small girl--just normal. I think I'd like to lose another ten pounds. I have quite a bit of fat still in the mommy section that I would like to see go. But, it was tough to make the last ten pounds go, so I might just have to stay happy right where I am.