Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Miracles on the Way

So I had a little/big emotional meltdown about a month ago, and thought “What the heck is going on? Something is not right.” The next day I said to myself, “The last time I recall crying like that was the day before we found out we were pregnant with Alex…Oh!?” Surprise! Baby Clayton #3 is due at the end of September. Joy!

baby Clayton #3 fix I have been pretty excited about it. But, I have not wanted to say anything until I had the beautiful little picture above and saw the sweet baby’s heart beat. We told our families and some supportive friends. I think when I am pregnant the actual word appears written on my forehead, because people have started asking me about it. Of course, I did not deny it. But, I always get a little nervous to tell everyone until I see a little heart beating.

It’s been a fun month—a little nausea, major fatigue—but, all-in-all it has not been that bad. It has not been a picnic in the park for my husband. He has picked up a lot of slack. I am so grateful for his help.

More big news is that I am finally leaving work in one month to be a fulltime mom. This takes a lot of pressure off being pregnant, because I will not have to keep up with being employed fulltime, taking care of a home, loving my husband and children, and being pregnant! I just have to fight my way through the next month of work.

I always wonder what’s on the minds of all the other moms I see at our daycare. I just want to ask them, “Isn’t this hard for you. I feel like I am drowning! And our babies are here with all these strangers, we hardly know for nine hours a day!”

On to my next adventure of learning how to be a fulltime mom. Any helpful hints of what you have learned being a fulltime mom are welcome. I know its going to be hard—harder than being employed. There is going to be a learning curve. What I do on the weekends and evenings with the kids is not going to be the same as what I do every day with them.

My mom was a stay at home mom and I don’t remember her doing a whole lot with us. We played by ourselves or with each other most of the day. We went on errands with her. She would let us paint. We always had a great backyard growing up, and my husband and I don’t have a yard. So I think that essential element is missing.

I am excited to be raising my own children. After we had Alex, I had to go back to work and we all suffered a lot. I was really angry that raising your own children in America today is a privilege. I was really upset when we had to put another baby in daycare. But, it wasn’t really a choice for us—sometimes when you make your bed, you do have to lie in it a little while until you can afford a different one. Now we are at a place where we will have the privilege of raising our own children.

Blessed Theotokos, we magnify you, pray for us.

5 comments:

Meliss said...

Congratulations Renee! And best of luck as you embark on this new chapter!

Kayleen said...

Renee!! Oh my gosh I am so excited for you! I told Mike just now.."Renee is pregnant!" then a few minutes later..."and she gets to quit her job soon!!" Wow this is such great news. I'm glad you aren't feeling too sick. I'm worried for myself about the next pregnancy (whenever it happens) but I know I shouldn't be afraid. A new baby is sooooo worth the discomfort. I always thought you would make a wonderful stay at home mom. You're going to love it, I promise! There will be moments you might miss your working days, but overall it is very fulfilling and neat being able to plan your whole day without anyone telling you what to do. I was just thinking today, as I drove to pick my cousin up from school around 2 oclock that I felt so happy being able to be out and about with my baby at this time of day...or any time of day! My advice would be to make sure you have visiting time with other adults and do things like crafting or whatever gives you energy. And take naps if you can! Especially now that you're growing a little one, that will be helpful. Baby proof the living room and take a nap. Also, read mommy blogs (which you already do) I've found them to be a great source of inspiration and encouragement when you're feeling down or stuck in a rut. Wow, maybe I should have made this into an email :) Oh well...God Bless!

anne said...

Praise the Lord for Another Little Clayton. I've said it before--the world needs more of your Hobbit babies :)

let me know when you get a package :D

Holly Bennett said...

Renee, Tears of joy for you and your family right now. This is the best image I have seen in many days. How wonderful is it that God's hand comes down from heaven to touch our womb at the moment of conception! You are so blessed!

Michelle M. said...

How exciting!! I am so happy for you!

Being a stay at home mama is wonderful. It can be very trying at times, but, overall, it is such a wonderful role to have. I know you will love it. I am so happy for you!!