Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My First Meme

Rules

1.) The first rule is to post these rules.
2.) Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
3.) Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
4.) Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5.) Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them.



100 4859
 
Eleven Things About Me:

1.) I think this is the first time I have ever been tagged for a meme. I think that means I have no friends who find me such a significant part of their lives that they wish to learn more about me via a meme.  Or maybe they wished to spare me such a frivolous time waster…To be honest, I have been relieved to never have been part of such inane pursuits.  But now having been tagged for one and not having blogged in a while. Why the heck not. ;-) 

2.) I have one American parent, one Australian parent.  I was born in Texas and shortly thereafter moved to Australia.  Lived there five years and knew nothing else, until we moved to Wyoming.  Wyoming was my home for 12 years and then I spread my wings into the big wide world.  I think it's funny that I was born in Texas, never actually lived here and now this is where I reside.  Good Ol' Texas called me home, I guess. 

American US Flag 1Australian Flag sizedTexas flag1

3.)  I'm not a half bad artist.  People have actually paid me for my work in the past, so I can't be too terrible.  But, I am too humble to expect what I am worth.

100 2414

4.)  My family is Byzantine Catholic, which means we are a part of an Orthodox church in communion with Rome.  I grew up Roman Catholic, but when I met the Ruthenian Byzantine Church, I felt like I had been lied to my whole life.  No one educated me of the Eastern Christian Church, which should have been covered somewhere in my Christian education.  I had found Truth, Beauty and Christ in the Roman Church, but I found religion steeped in Theology in the Byzantine Church.  I will always stand firm upon, Bl. Pope John Paul II statement that, "The East and West are like the left and right lungs breathing within the body of the same beautiful Church Christ began so long ago."

Pope and epatriarch

5.) It's not that easy to get me to laugh.  It's not that I don't find things funny.  I always tell my husband, I am laughing on the inside.  But, if you catch me laughing aloud it's usually toilet humor that got me going. LOL.

6.) I'm attached at the hip with my dearest husband.  I never grow tired of him.  He never ceases to fascinate me.  When we bicker, I am beyond broken and I insist we must be fixed (and from time to time, we do bicker).  He is the best friend I always dreamed of having as a child. He is my king and I am his queen.  Of course, this does not mean every thing in our marriage is picture perfect, but, I do adore him in the good times and the bad.

Bethrothal 034

7.)  I am not so good at sports, but that doesn't stop me from trying to be athletic.

8.)  I love sauces.  A good sauce makes the difference between the average meal and a gourmet meal.  The first ingredient in all great sauces is butter--Heavenly, salted, fat from mother's milk.  Ugh, when I die, I want to die slurping down a melty butter sauce.

100b1870

9.) I've seen the world.  I was impressed.  I would like to see more of it.  But, I am also content to be at home and live a routine dutifully and in godliness.

450px Le sacre coeur paris france

10.) What was important to me in high school was being in theater, friends and grades…in college it was boyfriend, grades, knowledge, future career…six years ago I was trying to learn how to be married, expecting a child and trying to make ends meet in my first career…now I am totally absorbed in being a great wife, mother to four babes, home school teacher and bring faith to family life.

11.)  I try not to be, but I am really a narcissist.  I am sure you could tell, because I have a blog.  Really, who isn't? "For no man hates his own flesh."

Questions from the Blogger Who Tagged Me:

1.) What is your favorite movie? Braveheart - I could watch it over and over again.

2.) If you could go back and give your 16 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be? Turn off the TV and start reading more books.  Then I would give myself a reading list.  

3.) Why do you blog?  I started this blog to help my friends and family keep up with my life--instead of awkward, informal Christmas letters and occasional emails. (Funny that neither my friends nor family seem use my blog as a means to keep up with us).  But, as I wrote I found that writing about life left me inspired and in awe of the Creator's Hand in my life.  Therefore, I hold that my blog theme is faith and family "Byzantine style."  Whether friends and family choose to stay in touch via the blog I began for them, it is still pertinent to me.  It's where I come to learn about my life.

4.) What did you want to be when you grew up? I have wanted to be a lot of things.  My earliest memory of occupational pursuits was in preschool.  I wanted to be a nurse, because I had a natural impulse to nurture.  Later, I wanted to be an architect, engineer, artist, maybe a teacher, but I always knew I was going to be a mother. 

5.) M&M’s – plain or peanut?  Peanut - the original health food.

6.) What was your first car? White Chevy S10 - I called her, "L'il Diamond."  Sold her one summer to have funds to live on.

7.) What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve ever worn? A real Indian dance sari, bought especially for me in India by one of my father's students

8.) What are your favorite blogs? I used to read many blogs, but around the birth of our third child I got overwhelmed that I had missed so many posts.  I felt stressed like I actually had an obligation to catch up on them, so I stopped reading all blogs except for two--two ladies I consider very good friends.  Right now, I only read Fear Not Little Flock, When I Grow Up, and Renidemus (three Byzantine Mommas).  Occasionally I will check out other blogs of friends or recommended blogs.  But in general, I don't have the time anymore.

9.) If you were to have a boy and a girl tomorrow, what would you name them? That's funny. I will be having a babe any second now. Woot! Her name will be Lucy Macaria.  If she were a boy, she would have been Edmund Campion.

10.) What was your favorite class in college? Ethics Directed Reading with my father-in-law.  We read a whole lot of Aristotle's Ethics and sat and discussed it on the back deck of his house.  :-D It was the first time I really understood what the pursuit of Philosophy was all about.

11.) What celebrity do you think it would be fun to be friends? Nathan Fillion - It is my belief that actors (especially big time actors) pick to play characters with whom they identify.  All of his characters seem pretty playful and fun. 

Questions for Those I Tagged - Based on 11 Things About Me: (Do I really hafta inflict this on others)

1.) Do you like to meme?
2.) Where do you call home?
3.) What do you claim as a talent?
4.) Tell something about your Faith.
5.) What's so funny? (Feel free to insert a joke)
6.) Do you love unconditionally?
7.) Gym? Open road? Sports? Couch Potato?
8.) Eat to live, or live to eat?
9.) Where in the world? (Where would you like to go, or have been?)
10.) What's important to you?
11.) What do you love about yourself?

3 comments:

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

Sacre Couer! one of favorite places in the world!

Thanks for taking part ;) in my game of tag

Kayleen said...

Cool post. I didn't know you lived in Australia and Montana! How'd you choose Gonzaga?

It's funny, this post gave me a reminder that even though I feel like I know you pretty well (and other bloggers) I really don't! There is so much background to someone that blogging about one's current life truly does not give a whole picture!

I liked hearing about how you adore your husband. That is so refreshing in this day and age when everyone seems to bash marriage and sees it as temporary and even unnecessary.

Shane or Violet said...

Edmund Campion?! That is seriously a badass name. I can't top it. *jealosy even though you aren't going to use it*