Saturday, October 23, 2010

Prayer for Sasha

prayer

          Alex melted my heart yesterday afternoon.  We now have morning prayer back on our schedule.  We also officially have an hour of Adoration, and a friend has convinced us to go to Friday morning Mass with the local Catholic school.  So Alex (and the rest of us) is getting a lot of face to face time with the Lord. 

          So back to the reason Alex melted my heart yesterday.  He was going to spend the night at his friend’s house.  He packed his own bag.  He picked out his clothing and stuffed it in his bag and then while I was occupied with folding laundry he was digging into the toys.  Or so I thought, our prayer area is next to the toys (I know, it’s a wonder they pray at all with the distraction, but I figure it gives them ownership of the area ;-).  He came back to me and said, “Mommy, I want to take Beary Bear and my prayer book to share with Andrew.”

Aaaawwwe.  Seriously? All the praying with the kids paid off and now he could not imagine an evening without praying with his friend.  I just thought it was a special moment when I realized that praying is a priority on this four-year-old’s do list.  “Glory be to You, Our God, Glory be to you.  May our children love You always and grow to be holy in your eyes.”

1 comment:

anne said...

ooooh!! what a sweetheart :) Praise the Lord for such a handsome, thoughtful little boy!