Here is a late post for the feast. All last week I was very ill with the flu and strep throat. I did manage to muscle through the week caring for the children. We even managed to write the icon of the Conception of Blessed Theotokos, but I did not get pictures of the kids working. Kristiana finished her icon of many colors , but Alex did not finish his. I have been working on a major Nativity project, so I did not work on this icon. But, I thought that such a feast could not pass without remembrance. I scanned the Icon I drew and decided to fill it in in paint. It's a far cry from iconography, but it is a remembrance.
Troparion (Tone 4)
- Today the bonds of barrenness are broken,
- God has heard the prayers of Joachim and Anna.
- He has promised them beyond all their hopes,
- To bear the Maiden of God
- By whom the Uncircumscribed One was born as mortal man,
- Who commanded an angel to cry to Her:
- Rejoice, O Full of Grace, the Lord is with You!
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- Today the universe rejoices,
- For Anna has conceived the Theotokos through God's dispensation,
- For she has brought forth the One who is to bear the Ineffable Word!
- Last Year's Post: