Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Ever After

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Matthew 19:4-6

Well, I guess today is the day.  It's the day we celebrate LOVE. It's so important--LOVE is.  I am not so sure all the crazy gift buying and so forth is what is important.  But, love is what is important and we can show it all year, every day and in many ways (that are not cliche).  For instance, I love it when my man shows his love for me by taking out the trash without being asked. ;-)

Kristiana had a little dress with a tulle-like overlay.  The overlay was ripped and I cut it off so the dress could still be worn without it.  The material has been sitting in my closet for 6 months waiting for the day that it would become this:

100_7434

A veil.  My sweet Kristiana became a bride today.  She was more than happy to play wedding.  I even made her a little silver twist tie ring.  Valentine's Day was a perfect day to play bride.

100_7439 

I cannot tell you how many times as a little girl I put my Dad's white undershirt over my head like a veil and looked in the mirror and pretended I was a bride.  It's a sweet thing for a little girl to imagine that day she becomes a man's wife…That's not to say I was "wedding crazy."  It's just something a little girl imagines.

No comments: