Thursday, March 17, 2011

Icon Writing With Kids: St. Patrick’s Day

It’s been way too long since we have written an icon.  It’s been six weeks.  I think it would be enlightening to write the icon from last Sunday’s Gospel: The Temptation of Christ.

Anyhow, I am happy we were able to celebrate one of the great saints in history—St. Patrick of Ireland.

Alex wanted our icon of St. Patrick to look like the one drawn by Tomie De Paola in his book, Patrick of Ireland.  But I modified it, because I still wanted it to be our own creation.  After we wrote this icon, we read the book.  I highly recommend checking it out from the library, even if you are grown up. I also recommend Jamie O’Rourke and the Big Potato, by the same author (the story begs you to speak in an Irish accent).

100_3830

100_3832

100_3837

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

1 comment:

anne said...

YOU (and your family) are amazing. Just. Utterly. Amazing :)

you should digitize your icon sketches so I can print them off for my kids someday!