Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Simple Woman’s Daybook

Outside my window… there is a slight spring chill. The sun is shining brightly as it could only in Texas.  I see lots of construction of houses in my neighborhood and I hope everyday for more houses to be built for nice, holy folks.  So that our neighborhood may be finished soon.

I am thinking… the kids might watch a little extra T.V. today so that I can do some painting.

I am thankful for… all of these marvelous things the Lord has provided.  And if not for these marvelous things, then for the faith to sustain me all the days of my life.

From the kitchen… Chickpeas soaking in the pot for chickpea masala tonight.

I am wearing… a peach top and flowery pajama bottoms. I haven’t gotten dressed yet today, because I wanted to catch up on blogs—foolishly.

I am creating… a mural of Tinkerbell’s pixie garden in my daughter’s room.

I am going… to plant a garden in the garden bed outside our front door.  I am feeling very intimidated by it, because I am not a green thumb. But I have planted seeds. Lavender, stevia, rosemary, basil, cilantro and baby’s breath.

I am reading…. Full of Grace, Come Be My Light, Another Brush with God

I am hoping…a baby girl may get to go home with a wonderful family toward the end of the month.

I am hearing… the jingle of change being picked up off the floor.  Alex just spilled a few hundred pennies…oh wait, the baby is screaming because Kristiana pushed her over just to hear her cry.

Around the house… please no more little improvements to make the house hospitable. I am sure we can live as is for a while. It’s hard not to want to do it all at once.

One of my favorite things…
is eating an avocado sandwich first thing in the morning, washed down with coffee.  I get really selfish when Kristiana wants to eat my sandwich too. I have started to make her own avocado sandwich.  Now Annie is eating my avocado too.  “Girls, just back off my avocado.”

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am going to Boston to visit good friends!!!

Here is picture I thought of sharing…. My seedlings—green and flesh.

100_3755

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

"Girls, just back off my avocado!"

lol! Avocado is not cheap anymore thats for sure. Lou loves it too and will eat about 3/4 of one without stopping :)

What are you guys growing?

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

yup- my mom would put an avocado in her green salads- and we kids would pick through to get some- oooo kids!