Monday, September 17, 2012

Icon Writing With Kids - Exaltation of the Most Holy Cross (2012)

"As You were voluntarily raised upon the cross for our sake,
Grant mercy to those who are called by Your Name, O Christ God;
Make all Orthodox Christians glad by Your power,
Granting them victories over their adversaries,
By bestowing on them the Invincible trophy, Your weapon of Peace."

I have been trying to post our work since Friday afternoon.  We have been very busy.  
I do not understand how other families can do some many activities with the children, allowing each child to have an activity.

I drew the cartoon for this icon last year, took a picture and saved it.  Alex and Kristiana worked on the large version of this icon last year and went a little crazy, mixed all the colors and turned it to mud.  They can be so silly together--giggling and doing silly things.  Anyhow, this year, each person got their own and painted it as they pleased.

100 6873

Kristiana's attempt - She is very artistic and patient.  But, she got tired here. 

100 6876

Alex peaked at 4 years old in icon writing.  I think this is part of his perfectionism.  If he cannot do it perfectly, he will smear it all together.  It's going to be a year of this.  I can tell.

100 6877

1 comment:

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

beautiful! about perfectionism- it might be too much for him to see your beautiful version- maybe next time, give him a page, give him one color and have him color in a robe, etc. Then go from there

I learned the hard way that when I want my son to trace my writing, I have to give him a wide marker because with a normal pen and pencil he expects it to be perfectly mathcing