Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window… It is dark, hot and humid and the wind has been blowing hard for the last week.

I am thinking… about a conversation with my sister about my previous post (http://theclaytonianchronicle.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-could-lose-his-soul.html).  We discussed the despair it invoked.  To which I replied, “’I believe, Lord. Help my unbelief.’”

I am thankful for… my husband.

From the kitchen… the kettle is boiling for tea.

I am wearing… a fuscia pink (my fav color) “Waco Catholic Mom” t-shirt and black tennis shorts, smeared with mud from the garden and baby snot.

I am creating… a garden.

I am going… on a journey to Easter.

I am reading…. Great Lent: Journey to Pascha, Full of Grace, Come Be My Light, Everything You Need to Know About Organic Gardening, Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, the Bible. Anything I can get my hands on.

I am hoping… to lose this extra pregnancy weight.

I am hearing…the muffled sound of the baby fussing in the bedroom as I type this.

Around the house… The house is looking pretty tidy aside from the carpet needing to be vacuumed.

One of my favorite things… when my kids obey, and then tell me they love me and tell me I am a good and nice mommy.

A few plans for the rest of the week… The same old: laundry, chores, karate, church, playdate, book study.  Nothing special.

Here is picture I thought of sharing…

Here are our friends. They’re still in the Honeymoon phase of marriage. Ah, young love. It’s a beautiful thing.

100_3989

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

Are you enjoying your Lenten reads? I gotta hurry it up here...I am only half way done and next week is HOLY WEEK. Wow, craziness. This Lent flew by for me.

Also, sweet picture! I love how you are not always 100% 'me' focused on your blog. I need to work on that for my own. Sometimes I wonder if I am not just seeking love and approval online, or if I am giving God glory. I hope the latter, because really that is my goal.