Friday, December 6, 2013

Photographer

My new camera is a point and shoot.  I refuse to buy a dslr camera at this point because it would not suit my needs (not that I can afford it).  I am not going to make photography my hobby.  I just don't have time to learn how to make desirable shots with a camera that can do more.  Plus odds are someone little would get their hands on it and break it.

At first, I bought another camera and took four pictures with it and knew it would not suit my needs.  It was an inexpensive point and shoot.  Then after days of agonizing and reading reviews we picked another camera.  This time I was more than pleased with the camera.  Now I have to figure out how to use it.  As in, I need to be able to grab it, set it and shoot, because photographable moments are gone far too quickly around here.

Today, I played with settings a bit.  It was nice, because each setting it explained the conditions one would use that setting. It's a camera for dummies. ;-) Out of 19 pictures I took in a set this one below turned out perfect.  The rest were unusable.  But, they were all taken without flash.  One thing that is so great about this picture is that it was taken in a low lit room without a flash and with a free hand.  How this marvel was achieved I do not know.  It's totally amazing.  I am glad I found this setting.  It was the auto high ISO setting.

DSC00073

Here's a photo with flash. This little three year old has been spending a lot of time nudey lately.  I try to get her dressed, but she has been working on potty training and every time she has an accident she ends up nude.  Unlike my other kids, she seems to have mastered #2 first, but #1 is hit or miss.  Oh well.  You can't win.

DSC00029

St. Nicholas Coloring!

DSC00035

DSC00051

No comments: