Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013

Playing Ring around the Rosy with Grandpa 

DSC00131

I love how even Lucy, an 18 month old, grasped the concept of this game

DSC00132

Making cookies for Santa - What a mess!

DSC00135

Holy Supper - We don't have a dress code

DSC00140

Gifts for babes

DSC00159

Kristiana helping Lucy open a gift

DSC00160

Annie's Delight - Her own beautiful, princess garb

DSC00158

Lucy and Gramps - it seems the one year old always ends up naked on Christmas

DSC00162

The Greeks for Alex - Thank you, Mommy and Daddy.

DSC00163

Lego Research, as Alex calls it

DSC00167

Grandpa's icon

DSC00165

DSC00172

Kristiana's one Christmas wish - to have a beautiful dress

DSC00152

Annie's Despair - "What do you mean I can't open all the presents?"

DSC00164

The neighbors all came out for some sun and so did the pets.

DSC00174

Scooters!

DSC00183

DSC00186

Family Beyblade battle! Everyone took turns.  Beyblades are engineered tops.  They have special skills.  They bang into each other in the arena.  The first top to stop spinning loses.

DSC00177

Unfortunatley, I did not get a picture of the gingerbread house we made despite making the kids wait at least a week before eating it.

DSC00179

I am particularly fond of this picture.  Lucy, the red nosed baby, eating gingerbread.

DSC00201

Epic Nativity Puzzle - I am now of the belief that this puzzle was too large, because I felt I could not rest until it was complete.  I neglected my children for this puzzle.  It took four days of working all day.  After accidentally spilling pieces all over the kitchen, I am one piece short.  This is such a tragedy, because it will never be complete and my mind can never rest!  I am going to try a smaller puzzle next year.

DSC00181

DSC00189

DSC00212

DSC00216

DSC00217

We also watched "The Nativity Movie" this year.  I am not sure we will watch it again.  Our seven year old and five year old called out many the errors of the movie.  I thought it was wonderful they could identify inconsistencies in the portrayal of Mary.  There were lots of questions like, "Mommy, that's not how it really was, was it?"  "Mommy, Mary was not like that.  She was always good and obedient."

Our Christmas celebrating has died down due to illnesses.  

Christ is born! Glorify Him!

2 comments:

Picky Bear said...

I enjoyed your Christmas post very much!

Happy New Year Claytons!

Kayleen said...

Woops - that comment was from me, not Picky Bear (Mike) :)