So in the past I have made a big to do about how I don't need resolutions just so I can break them, and I am awesome just being me. Blah, blah, blah. But, since I have had a lot of success with them in the past two years, including remembering to take my reusable grocery sacks to the store, I thought that this is not such a bad thing and why not continue the good streak. So here are my resolutions for 2013:
1. Write one icon per month, and read The Way of The Pilgrim alongside.
2. Lose 15 lbs. and finally achieve my ideal weight for the first time in my life.
3. Get my bad veins treated-Then I can have more babies ;-) Just kidding! Who knows what the future may hold, but lets have a little less suffering, mmmkay. But, in all seriousness if I want the veins treated I can't be pregnant or nursing at the time.
4. Pay off one credit card. I'm not going to hide this dirty little secret. We have credit card debt. It's ugly. We got there while in grad school and we are still digging ourselves out. Someday. We will advise our children better.
5. Pray with the kids in the evening as well as the morning. I pray with the children in the morning, but for the evening we usually sing "O Holy Spirit" and call that evening prayer. I think it would be better for all to be reflective upon the day and maybe hit on all types of prayer to fully honor God.
6. Go to confession once a month.
7. Stay on top of laundry/make peace with the laundry. I am doing lots of laundry these days and I need to find a way to fit it into my schedule so that it does not feel like the on going beast. Eliminate some of our clothing? Yes, I think so.
I couldn't think of a good picture to post with this. So...