Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Prepare the Way Casserole


"He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake." Psalm 23:3

Normally, we only make last night's dish on Easter Sunday.  But, my husband requested it as a part of his preparations for the Fast next week.  One can only eat this once or twice a year, because it is so rich.  So here's a recipe that reminds me of both good and evil.  It tastes so good, but too much could be deadly.  It's the Fall wrapped up into one casserole. ;-)  I like to call this dish "Potato Crack."  It's a little bit addictive.  We always end up eating more of it than we intend, because it is so tasty.  But, my husband wanted a grand send off the the luxuries in life.

Cheesy Hash brown Casserole

2 lb. bag of frozen southern-style hash browns
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper

Mix together in a bowl.  Spread evenly in a 9X13 glass casserole dish.  Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.

100_5675

No comments: