Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shut-ins

What do you do when your sisters have been sick all week and you haven't gone anywhere in days?  You make mud pies in the backyard, and your mom doesn't say anything.  Now when the mud pie ends up thrown against the side of the house, then mom says something and that something may not be so nice.  And Daddy is a little depressed right now, because the backyard is all torn up.  The hole was already there.  We have lows spots in our yard that pool with water when it rains and the grass died.  We have to fix it anyway…

100_5670

Here's Annie eating her breakfast biscuit and I caught her with her arm around her pal, the dog.  She was jabbering away to her.  When I crouched down to take a picture, she smiled at the camera.  Before now, she had not figured out to smile at cameras.  I have an expensive set of professional photos in which she has a dead face in all shots.

100_5676

Annie has had fevers since Saturday and Kristiana has had fevers since Tuesday.  Alex has a cough now too, but no fevers.  Annie slept for six hours yesterday and seems better now, but still mucus-y.  I feel a little sick too, but it's not so bad for me.  I think Kristiana has had it the worst.  First thing this morning Kristiana woke up and puked up some nasty mucus everywhere.  I had just woke up and puked too.  Then right before dinner, Annie puked mucus on me.  Yuck.

I have not been anywhere since Sunday when I took the older children to church.  Today, I went to the mail box and back inside.  I thought about taking the kids and dog for a walk in the stroller.  But, the kids have been crabby and clingy so I didn't want to push it.  Plus, I would have had to spend way too long pumping the tires back up.  My husband has agreed to come home early tomorrow and let me go to the gym.

I can't really complain.  It's been a week of cuddling and watching movies and eating biscuits.  We're doing fine.  And a big thanks to my hubby for being supportive as always and helping me tag team the crabby sick bunch-o-kids…I can't believe we're about to have four.  It just feels right.

1 comment:

brian towler said...

I'm glad that Annie has learned to smile at the camera. When is Lady going to learn to do that?