Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Prepare The Way Pie

"A voice of one calling: 'In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.'" (Isaiah 40:3)

My husband totally came up with this week's menu.  He never does that.  I usually ask him what he wants and he says, "I don't know, food. I'm not good at thinking of that stuff."  And then, I huff away.  I think he must be anticipating a strict fast this year.  The year I met him, he had just finished a strict fast.  He pretty much only had a bowl of cereal each day.  He truly relished the Easter feast.  I was totally impressed by his dedication to the fast.

Tonight we had quiche.  Good-bye, eggs. Good-bye, cheese.  Good-bye, cream. (Okay being pregnant, I won't be giving up eggs and dairy the entire Fast.)

100_5681

No comments: