Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Before Dawn

100_2096Before Dawn I painted this table.  You are supposed to be able to see the dawn sky in the background.  I received this aged, iron, patio table and chairs free, last summer.  We went and bought paint for it the next day, but we never got around to painting it.  Yesterday, after the painters finished painting the house.  I looked at the patio and said, we should paint that table while everything is cleaned up.  I asked Andrew to wake up early with me and help.  I wanted to paint it before the children woke up and give it a chance to dry a little.  I was so tired last night that I was sure I would never get up early even though I had talked about it.  But I woke up on my own at 5:00 a.m. Darn pregnancy hormones.  I tried to wake Andrew, but he rolled around in bed too long.  I made myself breakfast and coffee.  Then I sanded and painted the table, all before dawn.

Today was a very busy day.  After I painted, I woke the children, made them breakfast and helped them dress.  Then I tidied up a little and they played.  By the time I was dressed, the kids were itching to get out of the house, so I took them to the children’s museum.  They tired themselves out a little.  Then we rested a little, played a little more, then we went to the park, because they were stirring again; dinner; Alex was a little tired; then bed.

Andrew went to go shoot his new shotgun, so I had to do the latter part by myself.  Since I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and chased those little ones all day, I am ready to crash. Whew! Tomorrow, I have to paint the chairs before the kids wake, do a major cleaning, take the kids to story time and I spotted a field of blue bonnets perfect for kiddie pictures (I just have to have a blue bonnet picture in case we aren’t here too much longer, and the blue bonnets do not last long.)  I think perhaps a couple of those things won’t happen. We’ll see.

1 comment:

anne said...

DEFINITELY do the blue bonnet picture :) that would be way cute. I wish they would last long enough for me to get there with my new camera. At least once while I'm there, we should plan an outside shoot with the kids :) And if you're up for it, I want to try maternity shots, too... we'll see how that goes :)

Good for you, all that work! You are super mom! I am impressed! That's more than I get done in a day and I don't have any kids.. sheesh :)

Love to you@