Sunday, April 4, 2010

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen! Alleluia!

100_2020
Our Easter dinner turned out perfect.  It was glorious.  Truly befitting to celebrate Resurrection and our salvation. We, my husband and I, were highly impressed.  Our guests enjoyed it as well and asked for recipes.  We had ham, green bean casserole, hash browns, cheese and salami, deviled eggs, Pascha bread and butter, a big fruit platter, delicious sweet and bitter beets…I ate some leftovers later in the evening and had to pat myself on the back.  The flavors had set in more and it was better reheated.

We moved our Resurrection icon and our cross to the dining room for Easter dinner. 
They are hanging where our Advent calendar hung, and where my painting normally hangs.
I think we’ll leave it for the remainder of Easter.

100_2017

100_2002

This is the first Easter Kristiana was able to hunt for Easter eggs.  She had jelly beans for breakfast.
 
100_2005
Alex found most of the Easter eggs.  He was also perfectly behaved in church.  Alleluia.
During the consecration he looked up at me folded his arms in prayer and said, “Like this, Mommy.”
He was trying to tell me how to do it as we have told him over and over.  We will make a couple of trips to daily Mass this week for more practice.

100_2011
My beautiful family.

100_2014

2 comments:

anne said...

Your family is very beautiful! How's your belly coming these days? I think it's time for an update! ;)

So glad to hear your Easter dinner was a success! I want to hear all about it :)

Michelle M. said...

That is really sweet!

Christ is Risen! I am glad you had such a nice weekend.